Thursday, December 01, 2005

Porch

Sometimes I think of my grandfather floating on a porch in the middle of the ocean. The porch isn't recently removed from any house of special significance. It is only one porch in an ocean somewhere and he's floating on it. I don't know if he's in distress or if he needs any of those things we normally need to survive. He just has his brown shoes and yellow pants on and he's floating around. When I think of his yellow pants I start to think of cowboys in Colorado and the Old West. He likes those yellow pants as much as he liked hard pretzels. Were there any cowboys "into" hard pretzels? I'm gonna make some Ice Tea*.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Rachel said...

I once knew a cowboy in Colorado. He liked Poison and Warrant and Ratt. He made me a cd of this for my birthday. I wasn't impressed. He said since he was born in Denver he had over-developed lungs which made him a supreme human being.

but he never wore yellow pants and only ate the peanuts in bars.

7:53 PM  
Blogger the IMAGINATIVE ACTION REGIME said...

you're the toast of the town o'rourke! the toast of the town!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home